Loss of volume and gravity are natural forces that age your face. Others may ask you if you're tired or may believe you're older than your years. When you'd like to improve your facial appearance by reversing these signs of aging, consider a facial fat transfer.
In this blog, top facial plastic surgeon, Dr. Cecil Yeung, will explain the top reasons for a facial fat transfer.
What is Facial Fat Transfer?
Facial fat transfer is also called facial fat grafting. It’s a cosmetic procedure that takes fat from your body that’s used to plump the cheeks, lips, and jawline. Fullness in the face is associated with youthfulness, and facial fat transfer corrects any volume-related issues that make you look older.
Many of Dr. Yeung's clients combine facial fat transfer with other facial rejuvenation plastic surgery such as a blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) or a facelift.
When is Facial Fat Transfer recommended?
When you want to restore youthfulness, facial fat grafting puts back the volume you've lost over time. It’s a natural procedure that restores volume in hollow areas and adds lift to the cheeks and jawline. The results are flattering and long-lasting.
What are the top reasons for getting a Facial Fat Transfer?
- To reverse the effects of aging from fatty tissue loss by creating youthful plumpness in the cheeks, around the eyes and the mouth, and on the jawline
- To reduce the appearance of deep lines or folds that result from gravity and fatty tissue loss
- To reduce the appearance of deep lines that run from the nose to the mouth, called smile or parentheses lines
- To reduce the appearance of lines that run from the corners of the mouth to the chin
- To reduce sagging jowls
- Minimally invasive procedure
- Immediate visible results
- Little or no recovery time
The overall effect of this procedure is a rounded, properly balanced facial appearance. All the treated features of the face are in total harmony with the entire face, once grafting is completed.
What is involved in Facial Fat Transfer Houston?
- Minimally Invasive Procedure- Compared to other facial procedures, fat transfer injections are minimally invasive. The fat cell harvest sites, usually the stomach, hips or buttocks, will have a small incision to suction out fat. The purified fat is carefully injected into sites on the face.
- Little or No Recovery Time- You can return to work the same or next day. Your normal routine isn't affected. Any side effects such as redness, swelling, or tightness will be very mild and subside after a few days. Your naturally looking facial fat transfer results will be visible immediately.
- Completely Natural- Another popular reason facial fat grafting is preferred is that no foreign substances are used in the procedure. Facial areas are filled using your own body’s fat and stem cells.
Dr. Yeung: Top Houston Plastic Surgeon Specializing in Facial Fat Transfer
Houston facial plastic surgeon Dr. Cecil Yeung is double certified in facial and reconstructive procedures. His perfected and high level of skill for delicate facial contouring restores youthful fullness to the hollows and folds of the face. Visit Dr. Yeung for the best results from facial fat grafting Houston clients can trust.
Contact us today to learn more about how a facial fat grafting procedure gives natural and youthful looking results. You can also get started by filling out the appointment request form right on this page.