Dr. Yeung and Dr. Burchhardt are both known for their minimally invasive brow lifts. They use meticulous surgical techniques and deliver the most natural looking results that are long-lasting.
What is an eyebrow lift or forehead lift?
The fact is, a brow lift surgery and a forehead lift surgery are two names for the same type of plastic surgery procedure. As we age, our eyebrows tend to lower, closing off our eyes and creating a tired, drooped appearance. In addition, the resulting deep folds in the forehead (also known as worry lines) can make you look angry or older than you really are.
A brow lift surgery (or forehead lift) is a facial plastic surgery that corrects the brow line as well as problematic forehead features, creating a more youthful-looking appearance.
What is an eyebrow lift used for?
Forehead/eyebrow lift surgery may be used to:
- Raise droopy eyebrows
- Smooth deep forehead lines between the eyebrows
- Create a refreshed and firmer-looking brow line
When is a forehead lift or eyebrow lift recommended?
An eyebrow lift may be recommended for patients facing one or more of the following aesthetic concerns in the forehead:
- Sagging skin
- Deep creases in between the eyebrows, also known as worry lines
- Lowered eyebrows
- Eyebrows that hang so low that it’s affecting your vision
Patients of both genders between the ages of 35 and 65 often express interest in this procedure. Depending on a patient’s needs and desired results. The surgeon may also recommend a blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) in conjunction with a brow lift to achieve the best and most natural-looking results.
What does an eyebrow lift or forehead lift involve?
Forehead lifts are performed with different techniques and have different methods and names. For example, the endoscopic brow lift is a popular style that is minimally invasive and addresses only the eyebrow area, although it may also help with rejuvenating the look of the forehead slightly.
The coronal forehead brow lift offered by our surgeon has many advantages over other plastic surgeons’ eyebrow lift techniques. While many brow lifts simply pull up the facial skin and last for only a few years before the skin starts to sag again, the coronal forehead brow lift targets both muscle and skin. The procedure involves repositioning the muscle layer beneath the skin, then carefully re-draping the skin over the repositioned muscle. This leaves minimal tension on the skin and achieves seamless scars.
The coronal approach may move the hairline slightly, but an alternative way to create a more desirable hairline will be discussed during a personalized consultation.
What can I expect when undergoing eyebrow or forehead lift surgery?
While the surgery may differ based on your individual needs, here’s an overview of what you can expect during an eyebrow lift in Houston:
- A brow lift can take 2-3 hours (when performed as a single procedure), depending on the complexity
- When performed in conjunction with other procedures, such as a blepharoplasty, the surgery will vary in time
- You will be given an anesthetic so you will not feel any pain during the procedure
- After surgery, your forehead and brow area may feel tight and sore
- Depending on the type of stitches used, sutures may be removed in 3-5 days or stitches will dissolve on their own
- Recovery and potential downtime can range from 10-14 days
- Scars are minimal and located within the hairline to conceal visibility
Where can I find the best eyebrow lift / forehead lift surgeon in Houston?
In most cases, eyebrow or forehead lift procedures will be performed at the Yeung Institute’s state-of-the-art, fully accredited surgery center on premises in Houston, where patients receive exceptional care in a luxurious, private and comfortable atmosphere.
If you are interested in rejuvenating the look of your brow line and forehead and smoothing the deep worry lines between your eyebrows, contact our office today to learn more about eyebrow lift / forehead lift surgery. You can also get started by filling out the appointment request form right on this page.