Rhinoplasty (Nose Surgery) in Houston
Cecil Yeung, MD, FACS, is one of the best rhinoplasty (nose job surgery) surgeons in Houston, known for his minimally-invasive and meticulous surgical techniques and for delivering the most natural-looking results with a shorter recovery period.
What is rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty, also known as nose plastic surgery or a nose job, is a cosmetic facial plastic surgery procedure that is performed to change the appearance of the nose. The nose is a defining feature of the face that can greatly impact the facial profile and proportions if it is too small, too large, or if it is non-symmetrical in shape.
What is rhinoplasty used for?
Rhinoplasty (nose surgery) may be used to:
- Reshape or resize a large or non-symmetrical nose
- Refine the shape of a nose
- Remove a bump in the nose
- Straighten a twist in the nose
- Build up the size of a small or flat-shaped nose
- Revise a previous rhinoplasty (revision rhinoplasty)
- Correct a nose or facial fracture from an injury or accident
- Correct a broken nose that was not set properly or never re-set
- Revise a nose surgery performed at the emergency room
When is a rhinoplasty recommended?
A nose job may be recommended for any patient looking to enhance or change the appearance of the nose in order to:
- Achieve better balance of the facial features
- Make the face more symmetrical
- Build a better profile
- Achieve a noticeable change in facial silhouette
- Gain confidence in facial appearance
After the nose is fully developed, typically around 15 years of age, concerns of shape and size can be addressed and a rhinoplasty can be considered.
When performed in conjunction with a septoplasty, a rhinoplasty can achieve both aesthetic and functional goals at the same time, such as:
- Correct a deviated septum
- Improve breathing
- Prevent recurring sinus problems such as chronic sinusitis
Because of his dual specialty as an ear, nose and throat surgeon, Dr. Yeung is a highly sought-after Houston facial plastic surgeon for performing corrective procedures for deviated septum and sinus disorders in conjunction with a rhinoplasty. You can learn more about septoplasty and Dr. Yeung’s sinus surgery specialty by visiting his Houston Sinus Surgery website.
In some cases, a rhinoplasty may also be performed at the same time as a genioplasty to help balance the facial proportions.
What does rhinoplasty involve?
There are two types of rhinoplasty that Dr. Yeung can perform, depending on your needs. Open rhinoplasty involves a small incision being made under the tip of the nose. Closed rhinoplasty involves no incisions being made on the skin outside of the nose. Revision rhinoplasties are more complicated and can include a cartilage graft for the internal structure if an insufficient amount of cartilage is present.
What can I expect when undergoing rhinoplasty surgery?
While the surgery may differ based on your individual needs, here’s an overview of what you can expect during a rhinoplasty in Houston:
- The rhinoplasty procedure will last from 3-5 hours (when performed as a single procedure), depending on the complexity
- When performed in conjunction with other procedures or if it is a complex revision rhinoplasty, the surgery will vary in time
- You will be given an anesthetic so you will not feel any pain
- You may have some swelling and bruising after the procedure
- Recovery and potential downtime can range from 10-14 days, although most patients can return to work in about a week
- Scars are minimal and located either within the nose or under the tip of the nose to conceal visibility
Where can I find the best rhinoplasty surgeon in Houston?
In most cases, nose job procedures will be performed at the Yeung Institute’s state-of-the-art, fully accredited surgery center on premises in Houston, where patients receive exceptional care in a luxurious, private and comfortable atmosphere.
If you are interested in changing the shape or appearance of your nose, contact our Houston office today or call 713-795-4885 to learn more about rhinoplasty. You can also get started by filling out the appointment request form right on this page.