CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing in Houston
Although CO2 laser skin resurfacing is a treatment that’s offered at numerous doctors’ offices, Dr. Yeung is one of the most experienced providers of this facial rejuvenation procedure in Houston, TX. With an emphasis on personalized care and treatments tailored to your individual needs, Dr. Yeung’s CO2 laser skin resurfacing is known for delivering the most natural-looking results for his patients.
As you age, collagen production in your face begins to decline, leading to a breakdown of your skin’s underlying support structure. Daily exposure to the sun’s rays and other environmental factors such as pollutants can cause your skin to become discolored and you may develop premature wrinkles. If you are not happy with the appearance of your facial skin and want to explore your treatment options, one procedure that may be recommended by Dr. Yeung is a powerful and effective treatment called fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing.
What is laser skin resurfacing?
CO2 laser skin resurfacing is a treatment that can erase years from your face and dramatically reduce the appearance of wrinkles and help erase pigmentation irregularities. It is one of the best methods for resurfacing facial skin with wrinkles caused by excess sun exposure (like crow’s feet) or facial skin with scarring from acne.
What is laser skin resurfacing used for?
Laser skin resurfacing is a long-lasting and effective treatment used to target:
- Skin texture irregularities
- Dark spots
- Fine lines
- Acne scars
- Facial scars
- Sun damage
How does CO2 laser skin resurfacing work?
Known by the technical name fractional CO2 laser skin treatment, this procedure uses high-energy amplified light waves of carbon dioxide (CO2) to vaporize select areas of the top layer of skin. Because only the top layer is treated, the deeper skin remains unaffected and the skin heals faster.
For the procedure, Dr. Yeung uses a high speed UltaFine Matrix CO2 Laser Fractional Scanner system. It directs a grid pattern of tiny pulses of light at the skin. Each pulse delivers a column of energy that can reach your skin’s dermal layer.
Advantages of CO2 laser skin resurfacing include:
- Stimulates a natural renewal process of your body’s own collagen
- Fractionalized means that small areas of your skin are left untreated
- Targeted precision afforded by the treatment results in an accelerated healing process
- The doctor can control the intensity of each treatment
- Treatment can be tailored to your specific needs or desired downtime
- Safe and effective procedure for almost any skin type
What can I expect when undergoing laser skin resurfacing?
Here’s what you can expect during your CO2 laser treatment in Houston:
- Treatment usually takes less than 30 minutes
- You will feel a warm sharp feeling
- Your skin should feel an immediate tightening
- You may look and feel like you have a mild sunburn for several days
- You will be given anesthetic ointments and cooling devices to reduce discomfort
- You will need to stay indoors for a couple of days
- You will likely need a follow-up visit, depending on your needs
Where can I find the best doctor for CO2 laser skin resurfacing in Houston?
Your procedure will be performed at the Yeung Institute’s state-of-the-art plastic surgery office in Houston, where you will receive exceptional care in a luxurious, private and comfortable atmosphere.
If you are looking to achieve a more youthful, wrinkle-free appearance, contact our office today or call 713-795-4885 to learn more about CO2 laser skin resurfacing and tightening. You can also get started by filling out the appointment request form right on this page.