Best Facelift Surgery in Houston
Cecil Yeung, MD, FACS, is one of the best facelift surgeons in Houston, known for first introducing the endoscopic facelift to Houston. A pioneer in aesthetic surgery, Dr. Yeung has been interviewed on CBS network news about his deep plane facelift surgery. Along with his minimally-invasive and meticulous surgical techniques, he is known for delivering the most natural-looking and long-lasting results with a shorter recovery period.
What is a facelift?
As we age, we start to notice changes in the face and neck. The face loses its youthful contours due to a variety of factors including genetic disposition, lifestyle, the effects of gravity, environmental conditions, sun exposure and smoking.
A facelift, also known as a rhytidectomy, is a facial plastic surgery that can be performed to reposition the underlying muscles and soft tissues of the face, creating a refreshed and younger-looking appearance.
What is a facelift used for?
Rhytidectomy (facelift surgery) may be used to:
- Improve visible signs of aging in the face
- Lift and tighten loose facial skin and lax facial muscles
- Eliminate deep creases in the face
- Remove excess fat deposits
- Improve and sharpen the contour of the jawline
- Create a refreshed and firmer-looking face
When is a facelift recommended?
A rhytidectomy may be recommended for patients facing one or more of the following aesthetic concerns in the face:
- Sagging skin
- Separation between the lower eyelids and cheeks
- Deep creases along the nose that extend to the corners of the mouth (also known as nasolabial folds or smile/laugh lines)
- Facial fat that may have fallen or has disappeared
- Jowls created from loss of skin tone in the lower face
- Loose skin and excess fatty deposits under the chin and jaw
Depending on a patient’s needs and desired results. Dr. Yeung may also recommend a neck lift or facial fat transfer in conjunction with a facelift to achieve the best and most natural-looking results.
What does a facelift involve?
Facelift surgeries are performed with different techniques and have different methods and names. For example, the endoscopic mid-facelift is a popular style that is minimally invasive and addresses the upper cheek area. Sagging jaw skin, deep smile/laugh lines, and separation between the lower eyelids and the cheeks can be corrected with an endoscopic mid-facelift.
The lower facelift pioneered by Dr. Yeung offers many advantages over other plastic surgeons’ facelift techniques. Dr. Yeung performs his lower facelifts using a certain type of method called a deep plane facelift, a technique he has honed over his many years of experience. While most lower facelifts simply pull up the facial skin and last for only a few years before the skin starts to sag again, Dr. Yeung’s deep plane facelift addresses the underlying issues responsible for the sagging, targeting both muscle and skin. The procedure involves repositioning the muscle layer beneath the skin, then carefully re-draping the skin over the repositioned muscle. This leaves minimal tension on the skin and achieves seamless scars.
While the deep plane facelift is a more complicated and technical procedure to perform, the results are a dramatically reshaped face from the sub-skin level to the surface level of the skin — giving patients an extraordinary long-lasting and natural effect. With Dr. Yeung’s deep plane facelift surgery, you’ll turn back the clock on your facial appearance and restart the aging process in the years that follow, without experiencing any of the telltale facial skin sagging that can so often be a dead giveaway that you’ve undergone a facelift.
What can I expect when undergoing a facelift surgery?
While the surgery may differ based on your individual needs, here’s an overview of what you can expect during a facelift in Houston at the Yeung Institute:
- A facelift can take 4-6 hours (when performed as a single procedure), depending on the complexity and type of facelift performed
- When performed in conjunction with other procedures, such as a neck lift or facial fat transfer, the surgery will vary in time
- You will be given an anesthetic so you will not feel any pain during the procedure
- You will have some swelling, bruising and tenderness after the procedure
- Depending on the type of stitches used, sutures may be removed in 3-5 days or stitches will dissolve on their own
- Recovery and potential downtime can range from 10-14 days
- Scars are minimal, but location will depend upon the type of facelift performed; endoscopic mid facelifts will involve two incisions in the hairline, whereas a deep plane lower facelift will involve incisions along the ear creases to conceal visibility
- When a neck lift is performed in combination with a facelift, any neck lift scars will be minimal as well, located underneath the chin to conceal visibility
Where can I find the best facelift surgeon in Houston?
In most cases, facelift procedures will be performed at the Yeung Institute’s state-of-the-art, fully accredited surgery center on premises in Houston, where patients receive exceptional care in a luxurious, private and comfortable atmosphere.
If you are interested in achieving long-lasting and natural-looking facial rejuvenation, contact our office today or call 713-795-4885 to learn more about facelift surgery. You can also get started by filling out the appointment request form right on this page.