Botox Injections in Houston
Dr. Yeung is a top facial plastic surgeon in Houston offering Botox injections for the eyes, lips, and facial wrinkles in addition to dermal fillers. He is known for his personalized and attentive approach and for delivering the most natural-looking results for his patients.
What is Botox?
Botox is a prescription liquid medicine that is injected into facial muscles to temporarily improve the appearance of moderate to severe fine lines around and under the eyes, forehead, and in between the eyebrows. While Botox for the lips and under the eyes was once used independently of other facial rejuvenation treatments to remove signs of wrinkles and aging, today, experienced Houston facial plastic surgeons like Dr. Yeung, often use Botox in conjunction with dermal fillers to provide more natural-looking and youthful results. As an FDA-approved treatment for the treatment of wrinkles for more than a decade, Botox treatments are consistently one of the top five nonsurgical cosmetic procedures performed each year.
How does Botox work?
- Botox blocks the release of the chemical that triggers muscle contractions in the face and causes wrinkles
- Botox essentially paralyzes the muscles and stops them from contracting
- Results are visible within one week after treatment
- Effects remain for a minimum of three months
Botox is often used in combination with a dermal filler to increase the results. While Botox is injected into the facial muscles, dermal fillers are injected directly into wrinkles.
What can I expect when undergoing Botox?
Botox should only be injected with sterile instruments in a doctor’s office or at a licensed medical facility in Houston. Here’s what you can expect:
- Botox injections may be performed with local anesthesia or a numbing cream
- You may feel some minimal discomfort from the shot, but it’s usually painless
- The procedure can take anywhere from a few minutes to 20 minutes
- Dr. Yeung will first select the correct injection points (in muscles, not in wrinkles) and mark them
- The Botox filler is then injected into the marked points beneath the skin
- You can resume normal activities immediately
- You may be advised to stay out of the sun
Where can I find the best doctor for Botox in Houston?
If you are looking to achieve a more youthful, wrinkle-free appearance, contact our Houston office today or call 713-795-4885 to learn more about Botox. You can also get started by filling out the appointment request form on this page.