Is Facial Rejuvenation Right for Me?
As we age, gravity and hereditary factors cause changes to our faces. As the years pass, we see fine lines, wrinkles, saggy skin, and unsightly blemishes and discolorations.
To correct any of these problems, there are facial rejuvenation methods that simply and safely give aging skin a more youthful appearance.
In this blog, Houston plastic surgeon, Dr. Cecil Yeung, will explain how these facial rejuvenation procedures can make you look younger by erasing the signs of aging.
What are the top reasons for skin rejuvenation?
The top reasons for skin rejuvenation are:
- Fixed wrinkles, which are visible all the time and don't change during facial movements.
- Dynamic wrinkles, also called expression lines, which appear as folds when the face is still, or deepen with facial expressions.
- Pigmentation, which includes freckles, sunspots, or other discolorations resulting from aging and sun exposure.
- Scars from acne or injuries.
- Vascular conditions which include visible blood vessels on the skin's surface. Also, small blood-filled blisters or a persistent red flush to the face are signs of vascular conditions.
- Skin Tone Loss where the weakening of the skin supports, like collagen and elastin, results in a loss of skin firmness or the development of cellulite.
How do I choose the best type of facial rejuvenation treatment for me?
The facial rejuvenation treatment you choose will depend on what results you want to achieve. Keep in mind, your consultation with Dr. Yeung will give you the expert advice you need to make the best decisions. Consider the below factors when you are deciding what is treatment is best for you:
- To look younger for a specific occasion or a certain time frame
- To eliminate lines and wrinkles in a specific target area
- To feel and look more youthful and healthy
- To enhance and improve a facial feature that always displeased you
- To correct an area of your face that bears the effects of natural aging
What are the different types of facial rejuvenation?
Facial rejuvenation makes you look younger by erasing or correcting skin problems. You’ll have many options to choose from based on what you want to accomplish.
Your options will include:
- Laser Skin Resurfacing - Laser skin resurfacing uses high-energy, amplified light waves of carbon dioxide (CO2) to vaporize targeted areas of the uppermost layer of skin. Dr. Yeung uses a high-speed laser system. This in-office procedure removes unwanted wrinkles, tiny lines, dark spots and acne scars, giving you smoother skin and a reinvigorated look. Recovery time lasts only a few days.
- Dermal fillers - Dermal fillers help to diminish facial lines and bring back volume and fullness to your face. This widely used treatment is popular because it gives successful results with less recovery time compared to a facelift. Fillers are injected in the face using fine needles to help decrease deep wrinkles, fill in hollow areas, and give you a youthful appearance by restoring facial contours. Fillers can be used with Botox, to help stop the face muscles from moving, which leads to wrinkles.
- Facial Fat Transfer - A procedure, which uses fat taken from your body, which is re-injected in the face to plump up fullness and fill in folds or shallow contours. Take a look at what a facial fat transfer can do in these before and after photos. It gives a younger-looking, smooth look to the face. Once the fat cells develop its own blood supply, the amazing results are visible indefinitely.
- Brow Lift / Forehead Lift - A brow lift, also called a forehead lift, reduces the wrinkle lines across the forehead, nose bridge, and between the eyes. This surgical procedure takes years off your face, giving you a rejuvenated and youthful appearance. Recovery time lasts about 10 days to two weeks.
- Facelift - The ultimate procedure in facial rejuvenation is a facelift where the muscle beneath the skin is repositioned, and then the skin is re-draped. Because the muscles are addressed in Dr. Yeung’s procedure, it eliminates sagging skin, is exceptionally natural-looking, and is longer-lasting than traditional facelifts (which only address the skin).
Where can I find the best plastic surgeon in the Houston area?
The Yeung Institute is lead by Dr. Cecil Yeung, a double board certified surgeon, and one of the best Houston plastic surgeons. Dr. Yeung’s experience, technical skills and commitment to using minimally invasive procedures gives his patients natural-looking results. He has performed more than 4,000 procedures with outstanding outcomes.
Dr. Yeung will discuss which facial rejuvenation procedures are best for the results you’re seeking. The doctor and his staff are dedicated to providing personalized services tailored to each individual’s needs and desires.
If you would like to discuss the latest surgical and cosmetic procedures to get a lasting youthful appearance, contact the office by calling 713-795-4885 to schedule an appointment. You can also fill out the form here today to learn more about our cosmetic facial revitalization procedures.